Thursday, July 29, 2010

Vintage Black Beauties


These are some pics I found on Flickr from
vieilles_annonces'. They are some gorgeous vintage pics of African American beauties she has scanned from old magazines-these are a few of my faves.

Katherine Bell
Harlean Jackson

Cordie King (luv that swimsuit!)

Carol Preston

Carmen Dellavallade (not sure what that "Spare Parts for Sex" headline was about tho...? I'm sure it was for educational purposes)

Awesome Vintage Ad for "After Six"

I love looking at old vintage pictures for style inspiration and to see how beautiful we have always been as a people. I wasn't able to find much information for most of these beautiful ladies (as a history buff I always like to know the story behind the people), and it would have been nice to have seen some darker-skinned beauties in the old magazines-but I know unfortunately that for the most part, dark skin was not considered beautiful back then. Thank goodness things have changed and we have beauties like Iman and Alek Wek rockin it for the chocolate sistah's! I really love these pics nonetheless and you should check out vieilles_annonces' photostream for more vintage photographs of black culture.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are some really great shots! All the women look so vibrant and fresh. It's such a drastic difference from whats going on contemporarily.

Cazoshay:DivineInterventionDesign said...

Thanks Pilar! It really is a big difference from today huh? I love the old style, I wish more people had an appreciation of the past!

Simplycandycane said...

I want to be a Jet Beauty! Those picture are nice I really like the ladder one. It reminds me of when I was in a fashion show and we had a ladder scene.